19 September 2006

Week 38

I've been thinking...

I want to find out more about mind-maps and other ways to visualize an area as a way of being creative. I tried it earlier, or at least sort of, when I created a map of myself. One was a bird perspective of my relations (I'll put it here later); to which people I related, and organizations as school. I tried to show; by placing the different entities in various distance from my self; how close my relationship to them were. Later I found out that this varied continiously.

The reason why I tried this, was because I went through a difficult period, and wasn't getting too much help, so I wanted to help myself. I had a theory that conventional problem solving methods used in organizations, or how designers solve problems, could be applied to personal life as well. I did some research and found swat-analysis and time-lines and other stuff.

So I tried.
I made a map of different things that have influenced me, and which par of me through my life.
I wanted to make a time-line, showing where I had been living when, which schools I attended, the different jobs I had had. Who I was living with, my boyfriends, etc. I wanted to see if this could help me see things, patterns I wasn't aware of....

No comments: